Geneva, Switzerland accessibility map
A necessary, slow and frustrating part of moving to a new place for me is figuring out where I can and can't go with my wheelchair. For my own reference I put information as I gather it into these custom Google maps. I wanted to link to it here in case it is ever useful for anyone else.
Some definitions and caveats:
- My definition of "accessibility" is quite narrow and doesn't cover all the dimensions necessary for a place to be truly accessible to everyone. It's really a map of the places that are good enough for me personally.
- I classify a place as "accessible" and put it on the map if I am able to go inside with my motorized wheelchair without anybody needing to lift or shove me over the doorway. If the place normally has a stair but they have a portable ramp available, I will add the place to the map and make a note of the ramp.
- If a place only has accessible seating available outside, it's not on the map.
- If a place has a wheelchair accessible toilet, I will add this as a note. But I will add places to the map even if they don't have a toilet available.
- The list is definitely not exhaustive! It's most detailed in the areas of town where I spend most of my time. If you have any additions, please email me!